The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has confirmed that 4,695 Smart Card Readers were destroyed in the fire that occurred in its office in Awka, Anambra on Tuesday.
Festus Okoye, National Commissioner, Chairman of Information and Voter Education Committee, made the confirmation in a statement issued in Awka saying, there was no fatality or injury report but recalled that similar incidents had occurred in the last 12 days following closely behind those of Isiala Ngwa and Qua’an pan Local Governments offices in Abia and Plateau States respectively.
Okoye said that though the incident no doubt was a setback to the commission’s preparation for the smooth conduct of the elections in Anambra, immediate measures had been taken to ameliorate the situation.
He said that the measures were the mopping up of some of the spare card readers from other states to deploy to Anambra for smooth conduct of the general elections come February 16th and March 2nd. The national commissioner said that with the steps taken so far, the commission remained confident that the election in the state would proceed as scheduled.
Nigerian actress Angel Okorie has become a hot topic online after a video from her recent outing went viral. The… Read More
A Nigerian man has shown his displeasure regarding a young woman's bold attempt to ask him for money. The woman,… Read More
Popular Nigerian singer and Marlian Music artist, Zinoleesky, has joyfully welcomed his second child. The musician, known for his hit… Read More
Yul Edochie, a Nollywood actor and online preacher, has hinted at the arrival of a child with his second wife,… Read More
Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu of Lagos State has stated that the Independence Bridge will continue to be closed for repairs, despite… Read More
Tanzanian singer Juma Jux has expressed excitement about his upcoming wedding to Priscilla Ojo, daughter of Nollywood star Iyabo Ojo.… Read More
This website uses cookies.