Emiliano Sala’s Family Have Launched a Private Search for the Footballer and the Pilot after Fans And Footballers Raise £277,000

Emiliano Sala’s Family Have Launched a Private Search for the Footballer and the Pilot after Fans And Footballers Raise £277,000

Emiliano Sala’s family have launched a private search for the footballer and the pilot of the missing plane in the hope that they might still be alive.

The search for the missing plane was called off last week after days of searching with no trace of the plane or its occupants.

But Emiliano Sala’s family and friends have refused to give up hope and intend to continue with the search with funds raised from a GoFundMe campaign, which has so far raised more than £277,000 donated by more than 4,300 people.

The GoFundMe appeal was launched by Sport Cover, a Paris-based football agency run by the new Cardiff City player’s agent Meissa N’Diaye.

Relatives and friends of the Argentinian striker arrived in Guernsey on Saturday after the official rescue operation was called off. One of the world’s leading shipwreck hunters, David Mearns, has been brought in to lead the search and is expected to use the latest underwater technology.

The rescue mission for Sala and missing pilot David Ibbotson will be launched next week after bad weather passes over the English Channel.

Mr Mearns, who was said to be speaking on behalf of the family, said they wanted to be near where the plane was last located and to have some of their questions answered.

He said:

The family still have some hope, they’re looking at this as a missing person, a missing plane, and until they are satisfied, that’s the mode that we’re in.

Emiliano Sala’s Family Have Launched a Private Search for the Footballer and the Pilot after Fans And Footballers Raise £277,000

Tags: news

Recent Posts

Gold Vendor Devastated As Employee Flees With Jewelry Worth Over ₦100M

A Nigerian jewelry vendor is seeking assistance after her employee, Lucy, allegedly stole jewelry valued at ₦100 million. The theft… Read More

2 hours ago

Doctor Reacts to News of Pregnant Woman Who Passed Away at a Hospital Due to N500K Deposit

Nigerian doctor Dr. Penking warns against condemning a hospital where a pregnant woman died after being asked to pay a… Read More

2 hours ago

“Zlatan is an upcoming artist” – Singer Portable reveals

Nigerian singer Habeeb Okikiola, known as Portable, has reportedly hailed Zlatan as an upcoming artist. Portable deemed Zlatan an upcoming… Read More

2 hours ago

Portable Responds To Regina Daniels’ Cryptic Post After Outing With Annie Macaulay

Regina Daniels is gaining attention on social media. There is speculation regarding her marriage to Senator Ned Nwoko. She has… Read More

2 hours ago

Genevieve Nnaji Responds to Man Who Said She’s Growing Old

Nollywood legend Genevieve Nnaji expressed happiness to a fan who commented on her photo, expressing her growing old. Genevieve Nnaji… Read More

2 hours ago

“I Can’t Date A Man Who Earns Less Than $5 Million Yearly”- Rapper, Rubi Rose Asserts

Rubi Rose, has set a financial threshold for dating and marriage, stating she won't date anyone earning less than $5… Read More

2 hours ago

This website uses cookies.