News

I want to be with my husband once more- Rescued Chibok schoolgirl says

A student who was abducted by Boko Haram terrorists in 2014 from the Government Girls Secondary School in Chibok, Borno State, has been freed, according to the Nigerian Army.

According to Operation Hadin Kai’s theatre commander, Gold Chibuisi, the Chibok schoolgirl was saved by members of the 81 Task Force battalion during a clearance operation in the state.

Speaking on Monday during the handover of the girl to the Borno state Ministry of Women Affairs, Chibuisi said the name of the rescued girl is Mary Nkeki from Chibok town.

According to him, Nkeki, who had the serial number 55 on the list of the kidnapped Chibok girls, was reportedly discovered on August 14 in Borno’s Dikwa Local Government Area.

The theater commander claims that after being kidnapped alongside others, the 27-year-old Nkeki was forcibly married to a Boko Haram fighter.

She was forcibly married to a Boko Haram terrorist named Adam while she was being held captive, he claimed. Since being saved, she has had a complete medical evaluation in our facility.

“Equally, she has received adequate resuscitation and will be turned over to the government of Borno State for further management.

“The Nigerian military is dedicated to reducing security risks in the North East and establishing long-lasting peace in the area.

Nkeki described her experience since the 2014 kidnapping to journalists, saying that it had been painful and trying to be held captive by the terrorists.

Nkeki claimed to have abandoned two other Chibok girls and added that she had given birth to two female children for her husband, Adam, with whom she had escaped the Boko Haram stronghold together.

She responded, “I already have a husband,” when asked whether she planned to get married. Adam and I are married. Together, we escaped from slavery.

Nkeki claimed that she and her husband, a former Boko Haram rebel, fled the terrorists’ stronghold at the Dikwa axis and arrived at a location where the troops saved them both.

She was split up from Adam after their rescue, though, as he was taken to the camp of the rebels who had admitted their sins.

Mary is the 16th girl to be saved by troops in recent months, according to the Nigerian Army.

Recall that in August, the Nigerian Army declared that on July 17, its soldiers had rescued Rebecca Kabu, one of the Chibok girls, in Cameroon. When she was kidnapped when she was just 13 years old, Kabu is now 23.

Recent Posts

Jubilations as Singer Zinoleesky Welcomes his Second Child

Popular Nigerian singer and Marlian Music artist, Zinoleesky, has joyfully welcomed his second child. The musician, known for his hit… Read More

26 minutes ago

“Is our baby Trump here already?? Abi na throwback?”- Speculations as Yul Edochie shares new photo

Yul Edochie, a Nollywood actor and online preacher, has hinted at the arrival of a child with his second wife,… Read More

39 minutes ago

Sanwo-Olu reveals why the Independence Bridge will remain closed despite gridlock

Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu of Lagos State has stated that the Independence Bridge will continue to be closed for repairs, despite… Read More

55 minutes ago

“I can’t wait to wear Agbada and witness the culture” – Juma Jux excited over his wedding to Priscilla

Tanzanian singer Juma Jux has expressed excitement about his upcoming wedding to Priscilla Ojo, daughter of Nollywood star Iyabo Ojo.… Read More

1 hour ago

Lagosians Pay For Your Luxury Life, Treat Them With Respect – Mr Macaroni calls out Sanwo-Olu

Debo Adedayo, a popular Nigerian content creator and activist known as Mr. Macaroni, has expressed his discontent with Governor Babajide… Read More

2 hours ago

Shehu Sani rejects invitation to judge the Miss World Nigeria Beauty Pageant

Former Kaduna Central senator Shehu Sani has declined an invitation to be a judge at the Miss World Nigeria Beauty… Read More

2 hours ago

This website uses cookies.