The former governor of Benue State, Chief Samuel Ortom, has declared that he has received a divine message advising him against participating in the 2027 elections.
Ortom made this announcement on Tuesday in Makurdi during a courtesy visit from members of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) G-14, a group comprising elders from the 14 Tiv-speaking local government areas in Benue, as reported by the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN).
He conveyed that he feels compelled to honor what he perceives as God’s directive, underscoring the significance of faith and obedience in his decision-making. Ortom expressed his commitment to adhering to the divine guidance he has received concerning his political trajectory.
He acknowledged that he did not seek divine counsel prior to his participation in the 2023 elections, which he believes contributed to his defeat.
Ortom affirmed that the PDP is resolute in its goal to reclaim the Benue Government House in 2027.
“I will not be contesting in the 2027 elections. I understand the reasons behind my loss in 2023; I failed to consult God. My supporters acquired the nomination forms for me, and I accepted them without seeking divine guidance.
“God has revealed everything to me and has instructed me to wait for His direction,” he stated.
Additionally, Ortom shared that during his tenure as governor, he made significant sacrifices, including distancing himself from family and friends for the sake of state responsibilities.
He pledged to continue supporting the party, emphasizing that individual ambitions should not supersede the party’s interests.
He mentioned that after leaving office, he intended to take a sabbatical, but the elders opposed this decision.
Ortom asserted that no one, including himself as the party leader, has the authority to disband the esteemed PDP G-14 group.
“I’m not contesting the 2027 election. I knew why I lost the election in 2023. I didn’t consult God. My people purchased the forms for me, and I accepted them without consulting God.
“God has revealed everything to me. He has asked me to wait for him,” he said.
Regarding the upcoming congresses, he noted that the national secretariat had already…
“The only person that can disband us is the leader of the party in the state, and that is Chief Ortom. You alone can only disband what you have formed.” He said.
Ghana has initiated an investigation into the death of Nigerian boxer Segun Olanrewaju, who collapsed during a bout against Ghanaian… Read More
Man exposes a hospital that refused to treat his pregnant wife and unborn baby due to a ₦500,000 deposit. According… Read More
Jarvis Jadrolita, a popular Nigerian influencer, recently reacted to a comment from a woman who claimed she was pregnant. The… Read More
A Nigerian lady, Osazemen, has shared how she lost a man to her roommate after inviting her along on a… Read More
Dismas Mutai, a Kenyan man from Eldoret, has been left devastated after losing KSh 2.8 million (N33 million) meant for… Read More
Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan, the Senator for Kogi Central Senatorial District, has rejected accusations that her recent hometown visit was politically motivated.… Read More
This website uses cookies.