Politics

Obasanjo Cries Out, Reveals How President Buhari Is Plotting To Arrest Him

Obasanjo Cries Out, Reveals How President Buhari Is Plotting To Arrest Him

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has accused the Buhari led government of plotting to slam false charges on him, to pave the way for his indefinite detention.

The former leader said in a statement by his media aide, Kehinde Akinyemi, on Friday that the government was planning to use fake documents and witnesses against him.

The claim is the latest twist after weeks of bitter exchanges between the two leaders, who fell apart after Obasanjo accused Buhari or ineptitude and corruption, and advised him not to seek reelection.

Buhari responded recently by accusing his predecessor of frittering away $16 billion on phoney electricity projects. Obasanjo hit back at the “ignorant” claim.

Speaking via his aide on Friday, the former president said plans to silence him were in two fold, among which is a plot to cause the EFCC to reopen investigation into the activities of his administration.

He said the Buhari administration had also perfected a plan to use fake documents and witnesses against him. He said this will be a re-enactment of the Abacha era in which he (Obasanjo) was detained on trumped up charges.

The former president said he had been told that his name was on the government’s “watch list”, and that the security of his life cannot be guaranteed.

He however said no amount of campaign of calumny, no matter how well contrived, orchestrated or marketed would deter him from speaking out.

The statement said the first option to silence him was to seize his international passport and clamp him into detention indefinitely, in order to prevent him from further expressing angst on the “pervasive mediocrity in the quality of governance, economic management and in the protection of lives and property by the

Tags: obasanjo

Recent Posts

Lagosians Pay For Your Luxury Life, Treat Them With Respect – Mr Macaroni calls out Sanwo-Olu

Debo Adedayo, a popular Nigerian content creator and activist known as Mr. Macaroni, has expressed his discontent with Governor Babajide… Read More

46 minutes ago

Shehu Sani rejects invitation to judge the Miss World Nigeria Beauty Pageant

Former Kaduna Central senator Shehu Sani has declined an invitation to be a judge at the Miss World Nigeria Beauty… Read More

49 minutes ago

The rumour was cooked to divert attention from ex-Rivers HoS revelation – Wike denies viral rumours

The Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Nyesom Wike, has rejected rumors circulating about his alleged collapse last week,… Read More

1 hour ago

“I no go reach 40 years old, I know say I go kpa! soon” – Nigerian man reveals

In a video, a young man has shared that he anticipates not reaching the age of 40 because of a… Read More

1 hour ago

Lolo1 Reveals Why Nigerians Prefer Struggles Overseas to Life in Nigeria

Nigerian actress Lolo1 explains why many Nigerians choose to endure hardships abroad over staying in the country, citing economic challenges… Read More

1 hour ago

Apply Now: Nestlé Nigeria Announces Graduate Trainee Program for Young Engineers

Nestlé Nigeria Plc is launching its Graduate Trainee Program to enhance the technical skills of young Nigerians. The company is… Read More

1 hour ago

This website uses cookies.