Father Mbaka, a Nigerian Catholic priest also known as Rev. Fr. Ejike Mbaka, has shared his opinions on the upcoming presidential election in Nigeria.
He claimed that during the elections, Nigerians gave the Labour Party the glory intended for God. He continued by saying that he believed it was blasphemy when people referred to the mother, father, and child in the Labour Party’s logo as “God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.”
Father Mbaka expressed his displeasure at Nigerians’ decision to exalt a human being over God, which in his opinion has aroused God’s wrath against the nation.
“They took the glory meant for God and gave to a human, so the anger of God befell us,” Mbaka told his members.
He further knelt at the altar to ask for God’s forgiveness and urged his members to interpret his message as they deem fit.
Rev. Fr. Ejike Mbaka has returned to God’s work after three months of suspension by the Enugu Catholic Diocese.
As reported by The Nation, Mbaka’s ban was lifted on Thursday, September 29 while he announced he will be returning back to active ministry on Sunday, October 2
It will be recalled that the controversial Mbaka was sanctioned with an indefinite ban by the Bishop of the Diocese, Most. Rev. Callistus Onaga on Saturday, June 18.
On the controversial side, Mbaka in one of his sermons called the presidential candidate of the Labour Party, Peter Obi a “stingy man”.
His criticism of the former Anambra state sparked a lot of reactions and backlash which drew a lot of attention to the cleric.
The cleric in his words said It’s better to have an old man as President than a ‘stingy young man.’
Soon after, the embattled Mbaka retracted his statement and apologised in an open letter for calling Obi a stingy man.
Announcing the resumption of activities on its verified social media handle, Fr. Mbaka informed his followers that the ministry would restart on Sunday.
HE WROTE: “DEAR ADORERS, “TO THE GLORY OF GOD, ADORATION MINISTRY ENUGU NIGERIA AMEN, STARTS ON SUNDAY 2ND OCTOBER, 2022 WITH 10AM MASS AT THE ADORATION GROUND UMUCHIGBO IJI NIKE EMENE ENUGU STATE. “GOD BLESS YOU MIRACULOUSLY AS YOU COME TO WORSHIP GOD WITH US. “REV FR, EJIKE MBAKA”.
The Director of communications of the Enugu Catholic Diocese, Rev. Fr. Benjamin Achi confirmed that the Bishop lifted the ban on Mbaka’s Adoration Ministry. He said, henceforth, masses would begin to hold at The Adoration Ground.
Debo Adedayo, a popular Nigerian content creator and activist known as Mr. Macaroni, has expressed his discontent with Governor Babajide… Read More
Former Kaduna Central senator Shehu Sani has declined an invitation to be a judge at the Miss World Nigeria Beauty… Read More
The Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Nyesom Wike, has rejected rumors circulating about his alleged collapse last week,… Read More
In a video, a young man has shared that he anticipates not reaching the age of 40 because of a… Read More
Nigerian actress Lolo1 explains why many Nigerians choose to endure hardships abroad over staying in the country, citing economic challenges… Read More
Nestlé Nigeria Plc is launching its Graduate Trainee Program to enhance the technical skills of young Nigerians. The company is… Read More
This website uses cookies.